Scipion Advisory offers tailored and unconflicted financial advice and investment support capabilities. The focus is on:
- supporting investors engaged in the resolution and recovery of stressed and distressed investments.
- providing deal placement services to both investors, and supporting project sponsors and developers access finance or off-take partners.
- offering pre-investment due diligence support for investors and investment preparedness support for prospective investees.
- third party post investment management and monitoring support.
Why Scipion Advisory?
Scipion’s long track record of investing in Africa sets it apart from other advisors – Scipion’s advice is based on direct experience and a thorough understanding of the complexities of investing in the continent.
Scipion’s expertise in commodity finance – especially in agribusiness, mining and metals, and freight – gives it an edge over generalist advisors.
Scipion’s experience in turnaround investing, including managing complex multi-stakeholder negotiations, multi-jurisdictional legal processes and investment exits, is a key differentiating factor for clients.
Scipion’s knowledge of the continent comprises a large and diversified network – from local traders and entrepreneurs to international trading houses, commercial banks to development finance institutions, and insurers to law firms.
Scipion’s in-house expertise includes investment, legal, technical (agricultural and mining), and E&S management skillsets borne out of years of focus on the African continent across a variety of sectors.
Investment Due Diligence
- Market assessment — market size; competition; risk factors;
- Financial assessment — business plan; financial analysis; compliance;
- Management assessment — integrity; competence.; skills gaps;
- ESG assessment – Environmental, Social and Governance due diligence and performance monitoring
- Investment readiness assessment and due diligence support for corporates
- Managing or monitoring investments on behalf of an investor
- Post-investment due diligence and legal documentation reviews
- Agency services
Turnround Advice and Support
- Valuation services;
- Strategic options due diligence services for existing investments;
- Identifying and structuring investment exits for investors;
- Negotiating and advising on re-structuring of financing and off-take agreements for corporates;
- Board of directors participation
- Identifying investors on behalf of project sponsors and supporting during the investment process;
- Supporting corporates during the investment process (including negotiating and structuring financial instruments);
- Identifying suitable developers and projects for investors and supporting during the investment process.